• A functional reason related to the correct chewing and consequent digestion and absorption of nutrients contained in food, posture and body health;
• 2. A psychological reason, as having healthy teeth improves aesthetics, increases well-being and self-esteem.
In other cases, following a tooth extraction, bone thickness could be reduced. Even the use of removable dental prostheses that does not adequately stress the bone tissue, produces its resorption.
AUTOLOGOUS Bone material taken from the patient themselves, from the sinus and jaw or from areas outside the oral cavity;
HOMOLOGOUS Provided by regional and national musculoskeletal tissue banks, identified and authorized by the Ministry of Health;
HETEROLOGOUS Of animal origin (bovine, equine, porcine) either synthetic, or chemical (called synthetic or non-absorbable.
• The animals used are less than 24 months old to rule out the presence of bovine spongiform encephalopathy (mad cow disease).
• It is the only cattle treated at low temperature (thanks to the Thermagen process) that allows to make it almost completely resorbable.
• Il paziente, dopo poco tempo, svilupperà osso proprio e non avrà materiale residuo animale all’interno del proprio corpo;
• The patient, after a short time, will develop their own bone and will have no animal residue material inside their body.
• It comes from a 100% Italian supply chain and is subject to strict process control.
• It has CE certifications from the Italian National Institute of Health.
• It is also registered and certified in non-EU countries.
• Treat any swelling with cold compresses.
• In case of pain, ask your dentist, if you have not already done so, for an adequate pain reliever.
• For the first few weeks, during daily oral hygiene procedures, avoid the operated area, use an antibacterial mouthwash and, later, in the area surrounding the wound use only a toothbrush with soft bristles.
• Avoid coffee, alcohol and cigarettes for 2-3 days after surgery.
This warning reduces the risk of post-operative bleeding and improves wound healing (smoking and insufficient oral hygiene can have a significant negative impact on the outcome of therapy).
• Even if the recovery proceeds smoothly, respect the schedule of check-ups set by your dentist.